Russell’s Reserve and Wild Turkey Tasting Dinner
Last week’s Russell’s Reserve and Wild Turkey tasting dinner was a blast! Chef Nick created a menu inspired by the whiskey’s home state of Kentucky by taking a few Kentucky classics and turning them on their head.
As always, we welcomed our guests with a specialty cocktail; a Cinnamon Mint Julep, which set the mood for the evening.
Check out what was on the menu!
- Blackened Shrimp with benedictine grits, tomatillo, lemon-vanilla bean butter sauce paired with Russell’s Reserve 10YR
- Kentucky Hot Brown double-smoked pork belly, beer cheese sauce, bloody mary tomatoes, and grilled sourdough paired with Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel Bourbon
- Hoppin’ John andouille sausage, whipped black-eyed peas, braised veggie chutney, and bamboo rice paired with Russell’s Reserve 6 YR Rye
- Smoked Turkey Leg Burgoo with fresh corn, lima beans, butterball potatoes, okra, roasted jalapeno, and honey cornbread paired Russell’s Reserve Single Barrel Rye
- Sorghum Ginger Cake with candied orange, and popping bourbon whipped cream paired with Wild Turkey Longbranch.